for the Entire Family
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (or old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or substitute with WOW butter)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
- Whole wheat tortilla wraps
- Hummus or Cream Cheese
- Turkey Slices
- Cucumber (Cut length-wise)
- Smooth the inside of the wrap with Cream Cheese OR Hummus
- Place a turkey slice on the inside of the wrap.
- Cut your cucumber in half length-wise and place half of the cucumber in the middle of the wrap.
- Roll it up!
Oatmeal Banana Muffins
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400F and prepare muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process until batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan filling until ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before removing.
- Store in air tight container for up to a week.
Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins
- ¾ cup gluten free flour
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour or gluten free flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup egg whites or two eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup- ½ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices and a pinch of salt
- In a separate bowl, combine your eggs with the pumpkin puree, applesauce, honey and vanilla
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients mixing until combined.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes depending on size until toothpick removes clean.
Whole Wheat Pasta Salad
- 3 cups whole grain pasta, cooked to package instructions and drained
- 3 cups diced bell peppers, raw
- 1.5 cup cherry tomatoes, raw
- 1/2 cup red onion
- Clubhouse pasta salad mix
- Prepare the pasta salad dressing according to the package instructions.
- Mix the prepared pasta, veggies and dressing.
Healthy Chocolate Macaroons
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 ¼ cup of coconut flakes
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- Mix the coconut in the mashed bananas
- Roll a heaped tablespoon of the mixture in your hand into a ball and place it on a baking sheet and flatten it
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until golden and let cool
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring the chocolate at 30 second intervals
- Dip the cooled macarons into the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper
- Store in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months
Frozen Fruit Yogurt Bites
- 1 cup of blueberries (or any fruit cut up into bite size pieces)
- ½ yogurt (any flavour)
- Toothpicks (a few)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper
- Place a berry on a toothpick and dip in the yogurt. Set on the parchment paper in a single layer and repeat until all the berries are dipped. Freeze until solid, about 1 hour.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer
- Head of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tsp pickle juice (optional)
- Combine cabbage and carrots in medium bowl. Mix mayonnaise and pickle juice. Add to cabbage mixture. Stir until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Peanut Butter Banana Bars
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 cup oats, dry
- 6 tablespoon peanut butter (or substitute for WOW butter)
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8 inch glass dish with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas and mix with oats and peanut butter.
- Spread the dough evenly in the prepared dish, then sprinkle with walnuts and chocolate chips. Lightly press the toppings into the bars.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, then transfer to cooling rack.
- Cut up the bars and enjoy.
Chicken and Cheese “Pizza”
- 1 whole wheat flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoon mild salsa
- ½ cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- ¼ cup grated medium cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place tortilla on greased baking sheet or 12-inch pizza pan. Spread salsa on tortilla, almost edge to edge.
- Scatter chicken over salsa. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake on bottom rack in oven for about 15 minutes until tortilla is crisp and cheese is melted. Cut into 6 wedges.
Fruit Punch Salad
- 1 cup green grapes, some halved and some whole
- 8 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 fresh peach, chopped
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ Granny Smith apple, chopped
- ½ orange, juiced
- Mix grapes, strawberries, peach, blueberries, and apple together in a bowl. Pour orange juice over fruit salad and stir.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
- 3 cups Cheerios
- ¾ cup peanut butter (or substitute for WOW butter)
- ½ cup honey
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or foil; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut butter and honey over medium heat until melted and well combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Cheerios.
- Place the mixture in your pan and press into place.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.
- Keep any leftovers stored in the fridge.
- Vanilla greek yogurt
- Coconut flakes
- Mixed berries
- Dark chocolate chips
- Combine desired ingredients and enjoy!
Homemade Fruit Pops
- 1 large banana, cut into small pieces
- 4 large fresh strawberries, sliced or cut into small pieces (can substitute for any fresh or frozen fruit)
- ½ – 1 cup sugar free apple juice
- Add fruit to popsicle mold, alternating different kinds of fruit until the molds are filled almost to the top.
- Gently fill the mold with apple juice, leaving at least 1/8 in headspace and place the popsicle stick inside.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Ants on a Log
- 5 or 6 stalks of celery washed, dried, and cut into 2 to 3-inch sticks
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter per celery stick (or substitute for WOW butter)
- ½ cup raisons
- 1 cup red grapes washed and cut into quarters
- Spread peanut (or WOW butter) down the center of each celery stick.
- Sprinkle raisons and/or red grapes down the center on top of the peanut/WOW butter.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chilled.
Banana Ice Cream
- 2 ripe or overripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Slice bananas and freeze at least 2-3 hours.
- Puree frozen banana slices in the food processor or blender. About halfway through add the vanilla.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings (dark chocolate chips, berries, chopped nuts, etc.)